In a day's time, I am off to Los Angeles for my summer vacation! Super excited! I will be there for 10 days which means I won't be seeing all of you until the 28th. I will definitely miss my blog and more importantly I will miss all of you! So today I brought you a longer post than usual with a makeup tutorial and my new set of photo shoot.
Since I will be staying in Los Angeles for 10 days enjoying the extremely sunny weather, I figure by the time I come back I will be extremely tan. I always wonder how I will look like if I have brown skin tone so today I decided to do a makeup tutorial of turning myself into a super tan me. Enjoy!
1. Before doing any makeup, ALWAYS remember to prep your skin by cleansing your face with face wash. Any face wash would do as long as it will get rid of all of your face oil. I am using Lancome Face Wash at the moment.
2. Once your face is ready, apply primer to create a smooth canvas on your face and it will help your makeup to last longer. I use Revlon PhotoReady Primer.
3. To get a tan look, I mixed Joe's darkest foundation with my Marcelle BB Cream to get this natural brown skin tone. I apply the foundation with Joe's blending sponge. On my first try of this makeup, I only use Joe's foundation and I look like I was burnt so I decided to mix my regular skin tone bb cream with Joe's foundation.
4. Using a dark brown eyeshadow, shape your eyebrow with a medium angled brush. I used Coastal Scent 88 Eye Shadow Makeup Palette
5. Using a black eyeliner, draw an eyeline from the inner to outer edges of your upper lashline and don't forget to leave a wing tip at the end as this will lift up you upper eyelid and make your eyes look longer. I used NYX retractable eyeliner, this by far the BEST eyeliner I have ever use compare to all the other drugstore brand eyeliners I used before. Highly recommended if you are looking for a good jet black eyeliner!
6. Using a white eyeliner, apply an eyeline on your lower lash line as this will make you eyes look bigger. I used NYX Slide on White Eyeliner, again this is the best that I tried so far. You have to see my happy dance when I first try it on!!
7. Using an eye shading brush, apply silver/metallic eye shadow over your eyelid. If you have round eyes like me, apply your eye shadow all the way to the inner eye corner
8. Apply a dark purple eyeshadow above your eye crease line
9. To make your eyes look even bigger, apply upper and lower false eyelashes. I used Revlon Precision Lash Adhesive and it works perfectly. Again, highly recommended
To give you a better picture, this is how I painted my eyes
Excuse my horrible photoshop skills!
Last step: Contouring
Out of all the makeup steps, I think this is by far the most important step as this is what can actually change your face features to whatever way you want. Since this is the most important step of this makeup look, I have drawn it out to show you how I apply my highlight, my blush and my shading.
With a dark brown eyeshadow (as long as it is three shades darker than your own skin tone), start contouring your nose by shading the side of your nose as this will make your nose look straighter and smaller. Also apply bronzer right below your cheek bone and on the side of your forehead as this will give defined cheekbones and hide receding hairline
With a Revlon Rosy Glow Cream Blush, apply it to the apple of your cheek
Lastly highlight all the areas as it appear on my photo. I used a regular concealer (Physicians Formula Mineral Correcting Concealer) as highlight for this makeup look
Tah-Dah this completes my makeup look
My friend said I look like a latin girl, what ethnic do you think I look like?
Today, I brought you a look inspired by the Hippie Era. Hope you like it!
What I am wearing:
Denim vest - Urban Behavior
Pants - Unknown
Chiffon blouse - American Apparel
Bag - Anne Klein
Necklace - Icing
Headband - Zara
Shoes - H&M
See you all in a week and a half!!! Have a wonderful weekend everyone! Few hours of sleep and I am off to Victoria with my girlfriends :D and the day after, Los Angeles, here I come!