The other day my friend told me that May 14th is blogger without makeup day (yes, I did not know this until two days ago). For the past two days, I have been struggling hard on rather or not to show you guys my naked face. I started wearing makeup when I was in year one of my university. Back then all I had on was blue eyeshadow and eyeline. I have been wearing just the eye makeup (and only the blue colour) for the longest time. I did not learn how to do a full makeup (with foundation + primer + lipstick) until few months back when I have tons of free time watching all sorts of Youtube tutorials. Now looking back, my friends always tease me as the girl who always have a blob of blue colour on her eyes-_-". I don't even know how I can walk out like that back then! So, that's the little story of my makeup life.
In the end, I did brought to you guys a picture of me without any makeup or any editing but there is no outfit that go with it because I strongly believe makeup is one of the essential in completing a look. Before I show you the picture, I would like to give you a review of two sunscreens that I recently tried since summer is coming yay! As much as I love the sun, I also know that it is my skin's biggest enemy. Much of the known effects caused by sun's UV light includes wrinkling and premature aging. So to better protect and maintain our skin, sunscreen is definitely an essential daily skincare step.
The two sunscreens that I tried:
What I love:
- it has a little foundation powder in it, so for people with even skin tone, you can even escape from putting on foundation and your skin will look vibrant
- it's very light and oil free. I could not feel the layer of sunscreen on my face at all even with makeup on.
- you can apply it to delicate eye area
What I don't:
- have to use makeup remover to wash it off as it has a little of foundation powder in it
- the price is slightly higher than the drugstore sunscreens
Total rating: 4.5 stars
|As you can see, it look exactly like foundation|
What I love:
- the price is relatively inexpensive for spf 55 sunscreen as compare to Clinique (it's only $10.99)
- in very liquid form and very light
What I don't:
- I can still feel the thin layer of sunscreen on my face, so did not work well with makeup for me
- cannot apply to eye area
Total ratings: 3.5 stars
|And this is how the Neutrogena ultra sheer liquid sunscreen look like|
If you guys have better sunscreen recommendation, I would love to hear about them. And now, the moment you've been waiting for (deep breath)...
|so here it is. There is no editing to the photo except for the my blog stamp. Even my friends have not seen my naked face for a long time and you guys get to see it, how I love you so!!|
Happy Blogger without Makeup Day! And again, I thank you all for the lovely comments and support. Love you all!